Seeking Fair Recovery For Injuries On Construction Sites
A workplace injury is usually covered by workers’ compensation insurance. However, your eligibility for compensation may not end there. In fact, it is frequently the case that other parties are responsible for the circumstances leading to work site injuries. When you work in construction, this may be especially important to know.
The attorneys at Miller, Montiel & Strano, P.C., understand the risks involved in construction work on Long Island and throughout New York City. Because construction is an inherently dangerous job, safety protocol is essential for the protection of employees and bystanders. When contractors, property owners or other parties ignore those regulations, you may be the one to suffer.
We Will Explore Every Option For Compensation
Suffering an injury on the job can mean lost wages, medical bills and a long, painful recovery. Workers’ compensation exists to cover your wages and medical bills. However, if a third party was responsible for a construction site accident, you may be entitled to compensation for your disability plus your injury, pain and suffering, and expenses over what worker’s compensation allows.
Your circumstances may qualify for a personal injury claim to seek additional damages from the responsible party. Our lawyers will work to obtain maximum coverage in these and other situations:
- Property owners who neglect to provide appropriate safety equipment, training or other protections required by law
- General contractors who fail to properly vet and train their workers
- Subcontractors who ignore safety protocol
- Equipment manufacturers whose defective products cause injuries
- Scaffold suppliers who fail to correctly assemble and install scaffolding
- Property owners and general contractors who fail to adequately provide a safe work site or warn of potential hazards
- Outside parties such as drivers of cars near the construction site
Compensation for third-party liability can include benefits that workers’ compensation does not cover, like pain and suffering. While workers’ compensation can help you through a difficult time of recovery, we want to help you obtain maximum compensation for your injuries.
“My case was resolved in a record amount of time with the best possible outcome.”
Let Us Help You
The lawyers of Miller, Montiel & Strano, P.C., will use every possible resource to investigate the circumstances of your construction site injury. Call our Garden City office at 516-945-9033, or contact us through our online form to set up your free initial consultation. Our attorneys have helped injured workers obtain millions in compensation for their injuries, and we are ready to assist you.