Holding Property Owners Accountable
Whether you are on someone else’s property or in your own home, you have the right to feel safe from danger and injury. When the property owner fails to maintain the premises and you become hurt, everything comes to a halt while you struggle to recover. Every area of your life may be affected, including your job, your family and your overall well-being.
At Miller, Montiel & Strano, P.C., we have assisted many residents of Long Island and New York City when they suffer injuries due to the negligence of a property owner. Proving liability and obtaining the compensation you need and deserve are often complicated and difficult to achieve without the assistance of an experienced lawyer.
Our Track Record Speaks For Us
While many injuries take place in public places such as stores, government buildings and parking lots, you may also suffer an injury in your apartment or rental property if the landlord has not done his or her due diligence. Unfortunately, when a property owner does not care to protect your safety, you are the one who pays the price. Let our attorneys help you hold the right people responsible.
Some examples of premises liability injuries we have handled include:
- Boiler explosions or hot water burn injuries
- Falls from wet surfaces due to unchecked leaks
- Injuries to children at school
- Falls from unsecured windows
- Slip and falls on a misleveled elevator, broken sidewalk or defective stairs
- Injuries from dangerous property conditions such as ditches, trenches or unmarked holes
- Burns or electrocutions from faulty electricity or appliances
- Injuries due to inadequate smoke detectors, fire extinguishers or escape routes
- Injuries from balcony, deck and porch collapses
- Injuries sustained by failure of security devices
We are proud of the success we have with dangerous property claims, including a $235,000 settlement for injuries a client suffered when he tripped on a broken sidewalk and a multimillion-dollar jury verdict for a back injury suffered in a deck collapse. While the results of your case may be different, we are dedicated to obtaining the maximum compensation you deserve for your circumstances.
“Miller, Montiel & Strano, P.C., gave me the support, justice and peace of mind I needed.”
The Clock Is Ticking To Make Your Case
Premises liability injury cases have a strict statute of limitations in New York. Additionally, as time passes, evidence becomes harder to gather, and your case may suffer. It is important to act quickly by calling 516-945-9033 or using our online form to avoid missing your right to recover the damages you need. There is no charge for your initial consultation.